Enjoy a Premier Western NY Bed and Breakfast Experience
Whether it’s for a week or a weekend our premier Western NY Bed and Breakfast will make this one of the best vacations you’ve ever had! Read these FAQs and Policies to make the most of your stay and to know what to expect!
Getting here and checking in are most important. If you don’t follow the directions found on our area page closely, you will end up lost in “the country”. It makes a rough start to a wonderful trip.
- A minimum of 30% deposit is required to confirm a reservation. One night reservations require full payment at time of booking. Visa, MasterCard, Cash, and Checks are accepted, ..
- We are currently taking reservations for the 2023 season beginning Memorial Day Weekend, May 26, 2023. We are answering calls Monday-Friday 9am-4pm for questions about reservations for summer. You may also check availability and book online.
WHOLE HOUSE BOOKING Deposit:
If you are making a reservation for the entire house we require a nonrefundable deposit of 30% for all rooms booked. If you cancel with enough time for us to rebook the rooms, your deposit will be refunded based on the number of rooms rebooked.
- Supervised children are welcome.
- We do not accommodate pets under any circumstance.
- There is NO SMOKING in the Main House or inside the Carriage House.
- Room rates are based on double occupancy per room, except for the Upstairs Carriage House, where the rate is based on up to 4 people. Extra guests are $30.00 per person. Applicable taxes will be charged. Boat slips are available for $15.00 per day, advance reservation advised.
- Cancellations: We feel it is important to have a stated cancellation policy so that you, our valued guests, have an understanding of what to expect. Our cancellation policy is very rigid. At the time you book your room at our Chautauqua bed and breakfast, you will be asked to guarantee your stay using a Master Card or Visa with a 30% deposit of your anticipated total, or 100% for 1 night stays. If you cancel your reservation 14 days prior to your anticipated arrival, your deposit will be refunded less $20 service fee. If you cancel within the 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival date your entire deposit will be forfeited.
- Please realize that in exchange for the above understanding we will guarantee you the room and dates on your confirmation. While we cannot guarantee the weather (although it’s usually great) we think we can guarantee that you will enjoy your stay!
Arrival: As a small Western NY Bed and Breakfast property, it is difficult to be on premise 24/7. We will ask for an approximate arrival time. It is our policy to be on premise 1 hour before and after the time you wish to arrive. You will be given our cell phone number so we can work with whatever time you plan to arrive. If you have a delay, please call, we are very flexible and wish to accommodate you! Our normal check in time is 3:00pm and Check out time is 11:00am unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time.
As of 2/25/2022 New York State does not require that guests wear a mask in public areas if you are vaccinated.
Concierge Service: We are better than hotel concierge. We’re “locals” born and raised. If you need help with anything we can tell you how to get it or where to find it. Buying property? Good restaurant? Good fishing spot? Want to know what there is to do? We can fill you in on all of it-all to make the most of your stay.
Meals/Breakfast: We serve breakfast each day at 9:00 AM in the main dining room*. We are very flexible and can accommodate a different time for breakfast if you arrange it with us ahead of time. Weather permitting during the summer and fall months we may do “Breakfast by boat”. Guests will have the opportunity to see the lake and have breakfast too!
Ordering In: You are welcome to order “take-out” food and pick up or have it delivered to the Inn, however local restaurants will only provide delivery during the summer season. We have many great restaurants nearby, 3 within walking distance of our Western NY Bed and Breakfast!
Telephones: Most cell phone services work in our area with the exception of T-Mobile. We do have a phone in the main house for local calls but there are not telephones in each room.
Air Conditioning: All suites have individually controlled central air conditioning and all rooms have individually controlled window units for your personal comfort.
Law Enforcement: Whether you stay with us or decide on another property in the Chautauqua area, PLEASE obey all traffic laws. We have local, town, city, county sheriff, Chautauqua County Lake Patrol, Chautauqua Snowmobile Patrol, New York State DEC, New York State Park Police, and New York State Police (many of them). They all love tourists! They all carry guns and are able to write tickets. On the up side-you are visiting an area that is one of the safest in the country.
Cleaning: You can expect your room to be immaculate. Our cleaning staff has been with us for years. We are proud of the work they do. Sheets are changed on request. Towels, bed make-up, and light cleaning are done daily*.
- *Cleaning Update: Room make-ups during your stay are by request. Please let the staff know if you need clean towels or would like your sheets changed. We will willingly provide these services but only with your permission. We will not enter your space unless requested.
- In an effort to stop the spread of viruses all rooms and public areas are disinfected with Hypochlorous Acid, an environmentally friendly disinfectant that is used on cruise ships.
Outside Guests: The privacy, safety and comfort of our guests is our number 1 concern. The majority of our guests are couples looking to escape the rigors of life, it is our goal to provide each and every person this opportunity. We do not permit “guests of guests” without prior acknowledgment of both the expected length of time on our property, the number of guests, and type of occasion. We do not allow “the gang” from the local campground or nearby cottage to “stop by” for a marshmallow roast, fishing, a pizza party or other event on the lakeshore or porch without prior arrangements. A facility fee of $20.00/person will be charged to the room of individuals coordinating such events accordingly.
Inn Tours: Tours of the Inn will not be permitted in 2022 due to Covid precautions. The photos on our website are representative of our property, rooms and lakefront. We will gladly show our Chautauqua Lake bed and breakfast for a tour should you wish a more detailed look, prior arrangements must be made with a set date and time to allow for proper staffing. Under no circumstance will occupied guests rooms be shown on tours – not even a “peek”. Most Inn tours last 30 minutes to 1 hour, there is a charge of $100.00 which will be cheerfully applied to your next stay if you decide to book.