Whether it’s for a week or a weekend our premier Chautauqua Lake bed and breakfast will make this one of the best vacations you’ve ever had!
During these times there is a lot of uncertainty and worry, and we take this seriously. The Maple Springs Lake Side Inn is considered to be a “Home away from Home” by many guests, and we are looking forward to having you again. The Maple Springs Lake Side Inn has always put a premium on cleaning and disinfecting because we know that even catching the common cold while on vacation is not fun. We are doing even more now to ensure the safety and health of our guests and to comply with New York State and CDC guidelines.
What we do to make you safe
- All guests will be screened on arrival to determine past travel and/or sickness. Guests who have traveled from foreign countries who have not quarantined for a minimum of 14 days or who have a temperature in excess of 100.4 will not be allowed to stay.
- If you are sick, (coughing, runny nose, fever, or other symptoms), please call us so we can reschedule your stay.
- ALL guests should bring their own masks. At this time, New York State requires that guests wear a mask in all public areas.
- We are asking all guests to please use the credit card we have on file from your deposit to complete all other charges. We are not accepting cash or checks at this time.
- Breakfast times may be staggered during the morning to maintain social distancing and prevent interaction with other guests.
- Breakfast will be served in-suite or outside on the patio.
- All staff will wear gloves and face masks when serving breakfast
- Fruit, pastries, and drinks will no longer be served “Family Style” at the table.
- Kitchen staff will wear gloves and face masks when preparing food and while in the kitchen
- The kitchen is cleaned and sanitized multiple times throughout the day, and is wiped down with disinfectant before and after food preparation.
- Kitchen staff will wash hands throughout meal preparation.
- Groceries are wiped down with disinfectant before entering kitchen or pantries.
- We do not serve lunch or dinner however, there are plenty of local restaurants that are still providing take out options along with some restaurants offering outside deck seating on the lake. There is plenty of space on the patio or lakefront to have a nice lunch or dinner overlooking the beautiful lake at the Inn.
- All common areas are disinfected, cleaned, and sanitized throughout the day.
- On the grounds, we have created additional privacy spaces. Guests are encouraged to take advantage of the private lakefront and beach areas.
- We have removed many of the “knickknacks” to allow for easier cleaning. Many of our interesting pieces will return when this is all over.
- All guest rooms are cleaned and all surfaces are disinfected, and all bedding is laundered and sanitized prior to any guest checking in.
- After each stay, rooms will be disinfected and sanitized with a “Disinfectant and Sanitizing Fogger.”
- All staff will wear face masks and gloves while cleaning.
- Room make-ups during your stay are by request only. Please let the staff know if you need clean towels or would like your sheets changed. We will willingly provide these services but only with your permission. We will not enter your space unless requested.
- Shampoo, conditioner, soap, and other toiletries are available by request. We recommend guests bring their own if they can.
- All staff will check their temperature before starting a shift. Staff with a temperature in excess of 99 degrees, or evidence of ANY illness will be sent home.
- All staff will wear face masks at all times.
- Staff will wash their hands and use sanitizer before and after their shifts and at least every hour throughout the day.
We will be doing Breakfast by the Boat, weather, and schedule permitting, with an emphasis on social distancing. It is a wonderful way to spend the morning. Your mask will be required. We will take the boat to Long Point Marina Grill for a wonderful breakfast. We can eat in the boat or at the covered picnic tables on the water. Come enjoy the relaxing morning.
We cannot GUARANTEE your safety but will make every attempt to. Traveling or staying outside of your home increases your risk of contracting COVID-19, respiratory failure, death, and transmitting COVID-19 to family or household members and others who may also suffer these effects.
Getting here and checking in are most important. If you don’t follow the directions closely, you will end up lost in “the country”. It makes a rough start to a wonderful trip.
Arrival: As a small property, it is difficult to be on premise 24/7. We will ask for an approximate arrival time. It is our policy to be on premise 1 hour before and after the time you wish to arrive. If you have a delay-please call-we are very flexible and wish to accommodate you. As owners of a small Inn we wear many hats, it is necessary to get groceries, run errands, etc. There is much to do. After 20 years we have learned that things happen, we do not “wait around” for check-ins (some guests have come 2 days late). You will be given our cell phone number so we can work with whatever time you plan to arrive. We wish to accommodate you!
Concierge Service: You bet! We are better than hotel concierge. As owners of the a fine Chautauqua Lake bed and breakfast are “locals” born and raised. If you need help with anything, we can tell you how to get it or where to find it. Buying property? We can tell you the good and bad. Good restaurant? “sit at our table”. Good fishing spot? Want to know what there is to do? We can fill you in on all of it-all to make the most of your stay.
Meals/Breakfast: We serve breakfast each day at 9:00 AM in the main dining room. We are very flexible and can accommodate a different time for breakfast if you arrange it with us ahead of time. Weather permitting during the summer and fall months we may do “Breakfast by boat”. Guests will have the opportunity to see the lake and have breakfast too!
Room Service: Of course if you are in need of towels, toiletries, or other complimentary items we are pleased to provide more, we do not, however provide meal room service. (Please do not confuse this with cleaning which is provided daily)
Rooms: All rooms have a private bath, queen bed, lake view, and individually controlled air conditioning.
Ordering In: You are welcome to order “take-out” food and pick up or have it delivered to the Inn, however local restaurants will only provide delivery during the summer season. We have many great restaurants nearby, 3 within walking distance.
Things to Do: There are so many! Visit the attractions page.
Telephones: Most cell phone services work in our area with the exception of T-Mobile. We do have a phone in the main house for local calls but there are not telephones in each room.
Air Conditioning: All suites have individually controlled central air conditioning and all rooms have individually controlled window units for your personal comfort.
Law Enforcement: Whether you stay with us or decide on another property in the Chautauqua area, PLEASE obey all traffic laws. We have local, town, city, county sheriff, Chautauqua County Lake Patrol, Chautauqua Snowmobile Patrol, New York State DEC, New York State Park Police, and New York State Police (many of them). They all love tourists! They all carry guns and are able to write tickets. On the up side-you are visiting an area that is one of the safest in the country.
Cleaning: You can expect your room to be immaculate. Our cleaning staff has been with us for years. We are proud of the work they do. Sheets are changed on request. Towels, bed make-up, and light cleaning are done daily.
Outside Guests: Guests of guests will NOT be permitted in 2020. The privacy, safety and comfort of our guests is our number 1 concern. The majority of our guests are couples looking to escape the rigors of life, it is our goal to provide each and every person this opportunity. We do not permit “guests of guests” without prior acknowledgment of both the expected length of time on our property, the number of guests, and type of occasion. We do not allow “the gang” from the local campground or nearby cottage to “stop by” for a marshmallow roast, fishing, a pizza party or other event on the lakeshore or porch without prior arrangements. A facility fee of $20.00/person will be charged to the room of individuals coordinating such events accordingly.
Inn Tours: Tours of the Inn will not be permitted in 2020.The photos on our website are representative of our property, rooms and lakefront. We will gladly show our Chautauqua Lake bed and breakfast for a tour should you wish a more detailed look, prior arrangements must be made with a set date and time to allow for proper staffing. Under no circumstance will occupied guests rooms be shown on tours… not even a “peek”. Most Inn tours last 30 minutes to 1 hour, there is a charge of $75.00 which will be cheerfully applied to your next stay if you decide to book.